dr. Z. (Zike) Cao
Zike Cao is an Assistant Professor in Business Information Management (BIM) at the Department of Technology and Operations Management at Rotterdam School of Management of the Erasmus University. He joined RSM on August 2016.
Zike holds a Ph.D. in Information Systems from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (2016) and a BSc in Information Systems and Information Management from Zhejiang University, China (2011).
Zike's current research areas include:
- Online Privacy and Social Media
- Online Marketing and E-Commerce
- Online User Generated Content
- Digital Piracy
His work has been published in well-reputed peer-reviewed journals, such as Information Systems Research and Decision Support Systems. He has also presented his work in leading Information Systems conferences, such as the Workshop on Information Systems and Economics (WISE) and the Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST).
Work in Progress (4)
- Z. Cao (2018). Revenge after "Freebies" Are Gone? Effects of Curbing Piracy on Online User Ratings.
- Z. Yi, Z. Cao & K.L. Cheung (2018). Digital Piracy and Quality Disclosure.
- Z. Cao & R. Belo (2018). Effects of Disclosing Sponsorship on User Engagement in Social Media.
- Z. Cao, T. Li & P.A. Pavlou (2018). Social Influence in Purchasing Daily Deals: The Moderating Role of Product Characteristics.
Z. Cao, K.L. Hui & H. Xu (2018). When Discounts Hurt Sales: The Case of Daily-Deal Markets. Information Systems Research, Accepted. doi: 10.1287/isre.2017.0772
Z. Cao, K.L. Hui & H. Xu (2018). An Economic Analysis of Peer-Disclosure in Online Social Communities. Information Systems Research, Accepted. doi: 10.1287/isre.2017.0744
Q.Z. Wang, S. Yang, M. Liu, Z. Cao & Q.G. Ma (2014). An Eye-Tracking Study of Website Complexity from Cognitive Load Perspective. Decision Support Systems, 62 (June), 1-10. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2014.02.007
Office: Mandeville Building T09-22
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50
3062 PA Rotterdam
3000 DR Rotterdam