Production Planning and Scheduling
- Students should know the fundamentals of Production Planning and Scheduling.
- Students should understand, be able to apply or extend the basic quantitative models in this field.
- Aggregate planning (LP models);
- Lotsize for time dependent demand;
- Scheduling (job shop, flow shop, open shop, single & parallel machines);
- Project scheduling (PERT, CPM);
- Facility layout;
- Relability, maintenance and warranties (age replacement model, blok replacement).
- Assignments, essays, ... (35%)
- Written (re-)examination with essay questions (65%)
- S. Nahmias, Production and Operations Analysis, Mc Graw-Hill Int. 6th Ed. 2013