The ERIM Research Master graduation is administered by the Team Study Progress & Diploma Administration of the University (not by the ERIM Doctoral Office) and is different from the RSM MSc graduation procedure.
You can choose a graduation date from the dates reserved for ESE Master students. These are listed on this page. Please note that these dates are taken on a first come, first served basis, and the date can be reserved only when you submit the admission to the thesis defence form.
To prepare for your thesis defence, you need to do the following:
- Finish all the required courses and receive all the grades (don't forget the Thesis Proposal Writing, Research Seminars, Research Clinic, English and Presentation Skills). Your courses should be finished around 8 weeks before the intended grauation date.
- Make sure all the grades are correct in Osiris (please double-check!)
- If you have followed some courses that are not part of your track curriculum, make sure that you have a written permission from the Examination Board to include them in your study programme. If you miss one or more permissions, please request them as soon as possible. You can download the request form on the Examination Regulations page.
- Fill in the list of your courses and grades in the Coursework Overview file and return it to the Research Master Coordinator at least 6 weeks before your intended graduation date.
- This step is optional. Upon request of the student, the Examination Board may decide to keep the master thesis from being publicly accessible for a duration of two years. To request this arrangement, the Confidentiality Form is available at the ERIM Doctoral Office.
- To book your graduation date you need to hand in the Admission to the Master Thesis Defence form to the ESSC (Sanders Building, Ground Floor) ultimately 4 weeks before your intended graduation date. Please note that this form needs to be signed by all the members of your supervisory team.
- You must submit your final electronic thesis by email to the Examination Administration and to the ERIM Doctoral Office ultimately 10 working days before your planned thesis defence date. Please follow these intructions for the submission of your electronic thesis.
- Prepare well for your defence, show up on time and well-rested and good luck!
- Bring a copy of your diploma and the final transcript to the ERIM Doctoral Office.