The ERIM Research Master graduation is administered by the ERIM Doctoral Office in consultation with the Team Study Progress & Diploma Administration of the University, and has a different procedure from the graduation from the regular MSc Programmes at RSM.
You can choose a graduation date in June, July, August and September in your second year in the programme. Please do note that, as long as you finish all the requirements to graduate within August, you may defend your thesis in September without additional tuition fee payment.
To prepare for your thesis defence, you need to take the following steps:
- Finish all the required courses and receive all the grades. Your courses should be finished around 8 weeks before the intended grauation date.
- Make sure all the grades are correct in Osiris (please double-check!)
- If you have followed some courses that are not part of your track curriculum, make sure that you have a written permission from the Examination Board to include them in your study programme. If you miss one or more permissions, please request them as soon as possible. You can download the request form on the Examination Regulations page.
- Fill in the list of your courses and grades in the Coursework Overview file and return it to the Research Master Coordinator at least 6 weeks before your intended graduation date.
- This step is optional. Upon request of the student, the Examination Board may decide to keep the master thesis from being publicly accessible for a duration of two years (Request for Confidentiality). To request this arrangement, please make use of the online request form of the Examination Board and file your request by 4 weeks prior to the intended graduation date. Please inform the Research Master Coordinator of your request by forwarding the confirmation e-mail from the EB.
- To book your graduation date, you need to submit the Admission to the Master Thesis Defence form to the Research Master Coordinator ultimately 4 weeks before your intended graduation date. Please note that this form needs to be signed by all the members of your supervisory team.
- Submit your final electronic thesis by email to the ERIM Doctoral Office ultimately 10 working days before your planned thesis defence date. Please follow these instructions on how to submit your electronic thesis.
- Prepare well for your defence, show up on time and well-rested and good luck!
- Bring a copy of your diploma and the final transcript to the ERIM Doctoral Office.