dr. R. (Rodrigo) Belo
Rodrigo Belo is Associate Professor at the Department of Technology and Operations Management at Rotterdam School of Management of the Erasmus University.
Rodrigo's research focuses on the effects of information systems on organizations and on the impacts of social network structures and peer influence on consumer behavior. His work has been published in top journal and peer-reviewed conferences such as Management Science, Marketing Science, and MIS Quarterly. Rodrigo has lead and collaborated in multiple projects with established firms and startups in the online and telecommunications sectors. His engagements include the design and deployment of large-scale real world randomized experiments to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and to optimize online user engagement.
Rodrigo holds a PhD in Technological Change and Entrepreneurship from Carnegie Mellon University, an MSc in Engineering and Public Policy from Carnegie Mellon University, and a BSc in Computer Science and Engineering from Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon. Before joining the academia Rodrigo worked as a software engineer and analyst in the transportation and government sectors.
Work in Progress (5)
- R. Belo & P.M. Ferreira (2019). Peer Influence in Products with Network Externalities: Empirical Evidence from a Large Mobile Network (3rd round journal review).
- R. Belo, P. Ferreira, Y. Inbar & R. Turner (2019). Wifi Usage on Campus and Students Academic Performance.
- T. Frick, R. Telang & R. Belo (2019). Pay For What You Get - Incentive Misalignments in Programmatic Advertising: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment (2nd round journal review).
- R. Belo, P.M. Ferreira & M. Godinho de Matos (2019). Price Discounts and Peer Effects in Information Goods: Results from a Randomized Experiment (2nd round journal review).
- R. Belo & Ting Li (2019). Referral Programs for Platform Growth: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment (2nd round journal review). [go to publisher's site]
R. Belo, M. Godinho de Matos, P.M. Ferreira & F. Reis (2019). The Impact of Time-Shifting on TV Viewership and on Ad Consumption. Management Science, Accepted . doi: 10.1287/mnsc.2018.3084
P.M. Ferreira, R. Belo, X. Zhang & M. Godinho de Matos (2019). Welfare Properties of Recommender Systems: Theory and Results from a Randomized Experiment. MIS Quarterly, Accepted .
M. Godinho de Matos, P.M. Ferreira & R. Belo (2018). Target the ego or target the group: Evidence from a randomized experiment in proactive churn management. Marketing Science, 37 (5), 793-811. doi: 10.1287/mksc.2018.1099
R. Belo, P.M. Ferreira & R. Telang (2016). Spillovers from Wiring Schools with Broadband: the Critical Role of Children. Management Science, 62 (12), 3450-3471. doi: 10.1287/mnsc.2015.2324
R. Belo, P.M. Ferreira & R. Telang (2014). Broadband in School: Impact on Student Performance. Management Science, 60 (2), 265-282. doi: 10.1287/mnsc.2013.1770
PhD Track (1)
Editorial positions (2)
Information Systems Research
Ad Hoc Reviewer
Office: Mandeville Building T09-20
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50
3062 PA Rotterdam
3000 DR Rotterdam