* NCA is the main method
- Dul, J., Karwowski, M., Kaufman, J.C. (in press). Necessary Condition Analysis in Creativity Research. In: Handbook of Research Methods on Creativity (V. Dörfler and M. Stierand, eds.). Edward Elgar publishers.
- Karwowski, M., Dul, J., Gralewski, J., Jauk, E., Jankowska, D.M., Gajda, A., Chruszczewski, M.H., Benedek, M. (2016). Is creativity without intelligence possible? A Necessary Condition Analysis, Intelligence 57, 105-117.*
- Karwowski, M., Kaufman, J. C., Lebuda, I., Szumski, G., & Firkowska-Mankiewicz, A. (2017). Intelligence in childhood and creative achievements in middle-age: The necessary condition approach. Intelligence, 64, 36-44.
- Shi, B., Wang, L., Yang, J., Zhang, M., & Xu, L. (2017). Relationship between Divergent Thinking and Intelligence: An Empirical Study of the Threshold Hypothesis with Chinese Children. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 254.
- Jada, U. R., & Mukhopadhyay, S. (2019) "Understanding the effects of empowering, transformational and ethical leadership on promotive and prohibitive voice: A moderated mediated examination", Personnel Review, Vol. 48 Issue: 3, pp.707-730,
- Knol, W.H., Slomp, J, Schouteten, R.L.J., & Lauche, K. (2018). Implementing lean practices in manufacturing SMEs: Testing ‘critical success factors’ using Necessary Condition Analysis. International Journal of Production Research 56(11), 3955-3973*.
- Knol, W.H., Slomp, Schouteten, R.L.J., Lauche, K. (2019) The relative importance of improvement routines for implementing lean practices, International Journal of Operations & Production Management 39(2), 214-237.
- Servajean-Hilst, R. (2018). Necessary Governing Practices for the Success (and Failure) of Client-Supplier Innovation Cooperation. Innovation and Supply Chain Management: Relationship, Collaboration and Strategies, 79-100.
- Sousa, R., & Da Silveira, G.J.C (2017) Capability antecedents and performance outcomes of servitization: differences between basic and advanced services, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 37 (4), 447-467.
- Sumo, R. (2014). Fostering Innovation through Contracting in Inter-Organizational Relationships. PhD thesis, Eindhoven University of Technology. (See Chapter 5: How Contracts and Trust are both Necessary for Innovation in Inter-Organizational Relationships).*
- Suurmond, R. (2019). In Pursuit of Supplier Knowledge: Leveraging capabilities and dividing responsibilities in product and .service contexts. PhD thesis, Rotterdam School of Management. Suurmond (see Chapter 3: A Taxonomy of Quality in Outsourced Business Services: A qualitative comparative analysis.
- Valk, W. van der, Sumo, R., Dul, J. & Schroeder, R. (2016). When are contracts and trust necessary for innovation in buyer-supplier relationships? A Necessary Condition Analysis. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 22(4), 266-277.*
- Valk, W. van der, & Wynstra, F. (2012). Buyer-supplier interaction in business-to-business services: A typology test using case research. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 18(3), 137-147.
- Valk, W. van der, Sumo, R., & Dul, J. (2014). How contracts and trust influence innovation in inter-organizational relationships: A necessary condition analysis. In: Editors: H. Badenhorst, et al. 23rd International Purchasing and Supply Education and Research Association Conference (IPSERA 2014), Pretoria, South Africa, 13- 16 April 2014 (pp1-20).*
- Vries, J. de (2016). Behavioral Operations in Logistics. PhD thesis, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM). Chapter 6: Which Drivers Should Transport Your Cargo? Empirical Evidence from Long-haul Transport.
- Arenius, P., Engel, Y., & Klyver, K. (2017). No particular action needed? A necessary condition analysis of gestation activities and firm emergence. Journal of Business Venturing Insights, 8, 87-92.*
Human resource management:
- Garg, N. (2017). Workplace spirituality and employee well-being: An empirical exploration. Journal of Human Values 23(2), 129-147.*
- Garg, N. (2018). Promoting Organizational Performance in Indian Insurance Industry: The Roles of Workplace Spirituality and Organizational Citizenship Behaviour. Global Business Review (in press).
- Hauff, S. Guerci, M., Dul J & van Rhee, H. (in press). Exploring Necessary Conditions in HRM Research: Fundamental Issues and Methodological Implications. Human Resource Management Journal.* (published in line in 2019).
- Rhee, H. van, & Dul, J. The limiting-factor model: AMO-factors as individually necessary and jointly sufficient for behaviour (working paper).*
- Bouncken, R. B., Fredrich, V., & Kraus, S. (in press). Configurations of firm-level value capture in coopetition. Long Range Planning.(published on line 2019).
- Conway, E. (2019). Should We Expect Exemplary Integrated Reporting to Increase Organisational ESG Ratings?. In Responsibility and Governance (pp. 135-162). Springer, Singapore.
- Fredrich, V., Bouncken, R. B., & Kraus, S. (in press). The race is on: Configurations of absorptive capacity, interdependence and slack resources for interorganizational learning in coopetition alliances. Journal of Business Research.(published on line 2018).
- Laan, G. van der, & Dul, J. Corporate social performance: A necessary condition analysis (working paper).*
- Tho, N.D. (2018). Firm capabilities and performance: a necessary condition analysis", Journal of Management Development 37(4), 322-332.
- Wei, X., & Chen, W. (2019). How Does A Firm’s Previous Social Network Position Affect Innovation? Evidence from Chinese Listed Companies. Sustainability, 11(4)
- Dul, J., Hauff, S., Tóth, Z. (in press) Necessary condition analysis in marketing research. In: Handbook of Research Methods for Marketing Management. Eds. Robin Nunkoo, Viraiyan Teeroovengadum, and Christian Ringle. Edgard Elgar.
- Vries, J. de , Koster, R. de, Rijsdijk, S., and Roy, D. (2017). Determinants of safe and productive truck driving: Empirical evidence from long-haul cargo transport Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 97 (1), 113–131.
- Dul, J. (2016). Towards a necessity theory of human factors/ergonomics. In: Järvelin-Pasanen, S. (ed.) NES 2016 - Ergonomics in Theory and Practice. Proceedings of 48th Annual Conference of Nordic Ergonomics and Human Factors Society. Publications of the University of Eastern Finland.*
- Lasrado, L.A., Vatrapu, R., & Andersen, K.N. (2016). A methodological demonstration of set-theoretical approach to social media maturity models using Necessary Condition Analysis. Proceedings of the Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS).*
- Lasrado, L.A., Vatrapu, R., & Andersen, K.N. (2016) A set theoretical approach to maturity models: Guidelines and demonstration. Proceedings of the 37th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Dublin, December 2016.*
- Tsekouras, D., Li, T., & Benbasat, I. (2018). Scratch My Back and I’ll Scratch Yours: The Impact of the Interaction Between User Effort and Recommendation Agent Effort on Perceived Recommendation Agent Quality. Available at SSRN 3258053.
- Albuquerque de Sousa, J.A., Beck, T., Bergeijk, P.A.G. van, & Dijk, M.A van. Success and failure of nascent stock markets (working paper) https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2870392.
- Westerhuis, G., Dul, J., Jong, A. de, & Hak, T. (2012). Success in bank mergers. An application of Necessary Condition Analysis (NCA) in business history [Abstract]. Book of Abstracts, p.31. 16th Annual conference of the European Business History Association congress, Paris, Aug-1 Sep 2012.*
- Župić, I. (2017). The growth of high-tech companies: theoretical framework and empirical research. Dissertation, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Luther, L, Bonfils, K.A., Firmin, R.L., Buck, K.D, Choi, J., DiMaggio, G., Popolo, R., Minor, K.S, Lysaker, P.H.(2017). Metacognition is necessary for the emergence of motivation in people with schizophrenia spectrum disorders: A Necessary Condition Analysis. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 205 (12), 960-966*
- Luther, L, Bonfils, K., Firmin, R., Buck, K., Minor, K., Lysaker, P. (2017) Metacognition is necessary for the emergence of motivation in schizophrenia: A Necessary Condition Analysis. Schizophrenia Bulletin 43(suppl. 1):S224-S224.*
- Kerwin T, Hittle B, Stredney D, De Boeck P, Wiet G. (2018) Cross-Institutional evaluation of a mastoidectomy . Journal of Surgical Education 75(3), 678-687.