To be considered for a position in the PhD in Management programme candidates are expected to have:
- At least an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, mathematics, etc. (depending on the PhD project)
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study.
- Explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
- A GMAT-test (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE-test (Graduate Record Examinations) is required for all entering students. The test results should not be older than five years and an indication of the required score is 85%.
- ERIM requires that candidates whose native language is not English have to submit scores of the TOEFL/IELTS test. If the language of instruction of your entire university education (bachelor and master programme) was English, you may submit a TOEFL/IELTS waiver request. The final decision on the waiver request will be made by ERIM. ERIM requires a TOEFL score of at least 100 on the internet based test and 600 on the paper based test. For IELTS there is a minimum score of 7.5. The language test results should not be older than two years.
- In addition to these formal requirements, candidates for the Programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interview(s) with the potential supervisor(s)