To be considered for a position in the PhD in Management programme candidates are expected to have:
- At least an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, mathematics, etc. (depending on PhD project)
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study.
- Explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
- GMAT-test (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE-test (Graduate Record Examinations) is required for all entering students. The test results should not be older than five years and an indication of the required score is 85%.
- Furthermore, ERIM requires candidates to show proof of their proficiency in English. Applicants have to provide ERIM with either a TOEFL or IELTS test. ERIM requires a TOEFL score of at least 100 on the internet based test and 600 on the paper based test. For IELTS there is a minimum score of 7.5. The language test results should not be older than two years.
- In addition to these formal requirements, candidates for the Programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interview(s) with the potential supervisor(s)
For required documents please view the Application page.
See FAQ page for more questions on application procedure and the required tests.