On this page, you can download Meta-Essentials and related materials.
The workbooks and the user manual are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. That means you can use, share, and adapt the tools all you want, as long as you properly attribute the original effort to us.
If you use this tool for any type of publication, please cite it as follows:
- Suurmond R, van Rhee, H, Hak T. (2017). Introduction, comparison and validation of Meta-Essentials: A free and simple tool for meta-analysis. Research Synthesis Methods. 1-17. doi.org/10.1002/jrsm.1260.
Specific citations for the user manual, the text on interpreting results, or the working paper on meta-analyzing dichotomous data can be found on the homepage of those documents or in the files listed below.
- Meta-Essentials: Workbooks for meta-analysis (Version 1.1). This downloads a zip-file containing the workbooks, designed for Microsoft Excel.
- User manual for Meta-Essentials: Workbooks for meta-analysis. This downloads a pdf-version of the user manual that is also provided on this website.
- How to interpret results of meta-analysis. This downloads a pdf-version of the text on how to interpret results of meta-analysis that is also provided on this website.
- Meta-analyze dichotomous data: Do the calculations with Log Odds Ratios and report Risk Ratios or Risk Differences. This downloads a pdf-version of the text on the method applied in Meta-Essentials for meta-analyzing binary data when Risk Ratios or Risk Differences are chosen for presentation.