Development of NCA method
- Dul, J. (2016) Necessary Condition Analysis (NCA): Logic and methodology of “necessary but not sufficient” causality. Organizational Research Methods, 19(1), 10-52.[free access]
- Dul, J., Hak, T., Goertz, G., & Voss, C. (2010). Necessary condition hypotheses in operations management. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 30, 1170-1190.
- Dul, J., van der Laan, E., & Kuik, R. (2020). A Statistical Significance Test for Necessary Condition Analysis. Organizational Research Methods, 23(2), 385–395
- Goertz, G., Hak, T., & Dul, J. (2013) Ceilings and floors where are there no observations? Sociological Methods & Research, 42(1), 3-40.
Books, Chapters, Proceedings
- Dul, J. (2020) Conducting Necessary Condition Analysis. Mastering Business Research Methods series, London: Sage Publications
Comparisons of NCA method with other methods
- Dul, J. (2016). Identifying single necessary conditions with NCA and fsQCA. Journal of Business Research, 69(4):1516-1523.
- Hak, T., Jaspers, F., & Dul, J. (2013). The analysis of temporally ordered configurations: Challenges and solutions. In Configurational theory and methods in organizational research. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Vis, B. & Dul, J. (2018) Analyzing relationships of necessity not just in kind but also in degree: Complementing fsQCA with NCA. Sociological Methods & Research, 47(4), 872-899.
Books, Chapters, Proceedings, Working papers
- Dul, J. & LeBreton, J. A new methodology for analysing necessary but not sufficient conditions: Comparing NCA with OLS (working paper).