Journal papers (* NCA is the main method)
- Karwowski, M., Dul, J., Gralewski, J., Jauk, E., Jankowska, D.M., Gajda, A., Chruszczewski, M.H., Benedek, M. (2016). Is creativity without intelligence possible? A Necessary Condition Analysis, Intelligence 57, 105-117.*
- Karwowski, M., Kaufman, J. C., Lebuda, I., Szumski, G., & Firkowska-Mankiewicz, A. (2017). Intelligence in childhood and creative achievements in middle-age: The necessary condition approach. Intelligence, 64, 36-44.
- Shi, B., Wang, L., Yang, J., Zhang, M., & Xu, L. (2017). Relationship between Divergent Thinking and Intelligence: An Empirical Study of the Threshold Hypothesis with Chinese Children. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 254.
- Knol, W.H., Slomp, J, Schouteten, R.L.J., & Lauche, K. (2018). Implementing lean practices in manufacturing SMEs: Testing ‘critical success factors’ using Necessary Condition Analysis. International Journal of Production Research (in press)*
- Sousa, R., & Da Silveira, G.J.C (2017) Capability antecedents and performance outcomes of servitization: differences between basic and advanced services, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 37 (4), 447-467.
- Valk, W. van der, Sumo, R., Dul, J. & Schroeder, R. (2016). When are contracts and trust necessary for innovation in buyer-supplier relationships? A Necessary Condition Analysis. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 22(4), 266-277.*
- Valk, W. van der, & Wynstra, F. (2012). Buyer-supplier interaction in business-to-business services: A typology test using case research. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 18(3), 137-147.
- Arenius, P., Engel, Y., & Klyver, K. (2017). No particular action needed? A necessary condition analysis of gestation activities and firm emergence. Journal of Business Venturing Insights, 8, 87-92.*
Human resource management:
- Garg, N. (2017). Workplace Spirituality and Employee Well-being: An Empirical Exploration. Journal of Human Values 23(2), 129-147.*
- Vries, J. de , Koster, R. de, Rijsdijk, S., and Roy, D. (2017). Determinants of safe and productive truck driving: Empirical evidence from long-haul cargo transport Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 97 (1), 113–131.
- Luther, L, Bonfils, K.A., Firmin, R.L., Buck, K.D, Choi, J., DiMaggio, G., Popolo, R., Minor, K.S, Lysaker, P.H.(2017). Metacognition is Necessary for the Emergence of Motivation in Schizophrenia: A Necessary Condition Analysis. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 205 (12), 960-966*
Proceedings, working papers, chapters, theses (* NCA is the main method)
- Albuquerque de Sousa, J.A., Beck, T., Bergeijk, P.A.G. van, & Dijk, M.A van. Success and failure of nascent stock markets (working paper) https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2870392.
- Westerhuis, G., Dul, J., Jong, A. de, & Hak, T. (2012). Success in bank mergers. An application of Necessary Condition Analysis (NCA) in business history [Abstract]. Book of Abstracts, p.31. 16th Annual conference of the European Business History Association congress, Paris, Aug-1 Sep 2012.*
- Dul, J. (2016). Towards a necessity theory of human factors/ergonomics. In: Järvelin-Pasanen, S. (ed.) NES 2016 - Ergonomics in Theory and Practice. Proceedings of 48th Annual Conference of Nordic Ergonomics and Human Factors Society. Publications of the University of Eastern Finland.*
- Lasrado, L.A., Vatrapu, R., & Andersen, K.N. (2016). A methodological demonstration of set-theoretical approach to social media maturity models using Necessary Condition Analysis. Proceedings of the Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS).*
- Lasrado, L.A., Vatrapu, R., & Andersen, K.N. (2016) A Set Theoretical Approach to Maturity Models: Guidelines and Demonstration. Proceedings of the 37th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Dublin, December 2016.*
- Luther, L, Bonfils, K., Firmin, R., Buck, K., Minor, K., Lysaker, P. (2017) Metacognition is Necessary for the Emergence of Motivation in Schizophrenia: A Necessary Condition Analysis. Schizophrenia Bulletin 43(suppl. 1):S224-S224.*
- Kerwin T, Hittle B, Stredney D, De Boeck P, Wiet G. (2017) Evaluation of a multi-institution mastoidectomy performance instrument. PeerJ Preprints 5:e2954v2.
- Sumo, R. (2014). Fostering Innovation through Contracting in Inter-Organizational Relationships. PhD thesis, Eindhoven University of Technology. (See Chapter 5: How Contracts and Trust are both Necessary for Innovation in Inter-Organizational Relationships).*
- Valk, W. van der, Sumo, R., & Dul, J. (2014). How contracts and trust influence innovation in inter-organizational relationships: A necessary condition analysis. In: Editors: H. Badenhorst, et al. 23rd International Purchasing and Supply Education and Research Association Conference (IPSERA 2014), Pretoria, South Africa, 13- 16 April 2014 (pp1-20).*
- Vries, J. de (2016). Behavioral Operations in Logistics. PhD thesis, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM). Chapter 6: Which Drivers Should Transport Your Cargo? Empirical Evidence from Long-haul Transport.
Human resource management:
- Rhee, H. van, & Dul, J. The limiting-factor model: AMO-factors as individually necessary and jointly sufficient for behaviour (working paper).*
- Hauff, S. Guerci, M., Dul J & van Rhee, H. (2017). Is High Performance Without High Performance Work Practices Possible? – A Necessary Condition Analysis (10th Biennial International Conference Dutch HRM Network).*
- Laan, G. van der, & Dul, J. Corporate social performance: A necessary condition analysis (working paper).*
- Župić, I. (2017). The growth of high-tech companies: theoretical framework and empirical research. Dissertation, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.