To be considered for a position in the PhD in Management programme applicants are expected to have:
- At least an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, mathematics, etc. (depending on the PhD project)
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study.
- Explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
- A GMAT-test (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE-test (Graduate Record Examinations) is required for all entering students. The test results should not be older than five years and an indication of the required score is above the 85th percentile.
- ERIM requires that applicants whose native language is not English have to submit scores of the TOEFL/IELTS test. If the language of instruction of your entire university education (bachelor and master programme) was English, you may submit a TOEFL/IELTS waiver request. The final decision on the waiver request will be made by ERIM. ERIM requires a TOEFL score of at least 100 on the internet based test and 600 on the paper based test. For IELTS there is a minimum score of 7.5. The language test results should not be older than two years.
- In addition to these formal requirements, applicants for the Programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interview(s) with the potential supervisor(s).