In her dissertation 'What’s in a Word: Economic Applications of Text Mining Methods’ Myrthe van Dieijen demonstrates how text can be used to both shape and answer research questions in business and economics research.
Erasmus Doctoral Programme in Business and Management
ERIM’s full-time doctoral programme – the Erasmus Doctoral Programme in Business and Management – is focused on developing and nurturing international academic talent. It enables promising students to develop into ‘thought leaders’ and become top researchers at the world’s best universities and business schools. Depending on the PhD project, generous funding can be generated for four or five years; further extensions are possible.
Facts and figures
- Erasmus University Rotterdam is ranked number 4 in Business Administration and number 8 in Management (ARWU 2019)
- ERIM currently supports a community of around 250 senior researchers and 160 doctoral students
- Five research programmes spanning all areas of management research: Business Processes, Logistics & Information Systems; Organisation; Marketing; Finance & Accounting; Strategy & Entrepreneurship
- Research Initiatives which focus on specific areas of research interest
- Access to EUR’s state-of-the-art behavioural lab, extensive range of databases and excellent computing facilities.
- Strong ERIM presence in top academic journals
- More than 200 international research seminars, workshops and conferences each year