In his dissertation ‘Information Transmission in Finance: Essays on Commodity Markets, Sustainable Investing, and Social Networks’ Romulo Alves presented three empirical papers about information transmission in financial markets and the corporate world. The goal is to contribute to our understanding of how asset prices and corporate decisions are shaped by information flows across different markets and firms.
Erasmus Doctoral Programme in Business and Management
ERIM’s full-time doctoral programme – the Erasmus Doctoral Programme in Business and Management – is focused on developing and nurturing international academic talent. It enables promising students to develop into ‘thought leaders’ and become top researchers at the world’s best universities and business schools. Depending on the PhD project, generous funding can be generated for four or five years; further extensions are possible.
Facts and figures
- Erasmus University Rotterdam is ranked number 3 in Business Administration and number 4 in Management (ARWU 2020)
- ERIM currently supports a community of around 250 senior researchers and 160 doctoral students
- Five research programmes spanning all areas of management research: Business Processes, Logistics & Information Systems; Organisation; Marketing; Finance & Accounting; Strategy & Entrepreneurship
- Research Initiatives which focus on specific areas of research interest
- Access to EUR’s state-of-the-art behavioural lab, extensive range of databases and excellent computing facilities.
- Strong ERIM presence in top academic journals
- More than 200 international research seminars, workshops and conferences each year
In her dissertation Anna studied various aspects of interorganizational governance in projects, using example of construction projects in particular and focusing on how contracts and collaboration can effectively align diverging interests of multiple parties. This dissertation is one of the few examples of the purchasing and supply management research in the complex construction projects. It brings not only valuable theoretical and practical insights on this phenomenon, but hopefully also demonstrates the potential and the need for more investigations of project settings in this scientific discipline. This work also offers advice to practitioners about the adoption and design of multi-party PBCs, effective approach to contract revisions within ongoing projects, as well as the design and implementation of collaborative strategies.