In his dissertation 'Strengthening corporate leadership research: The relevance of biological explanations’ Krishnan Nair applies insights from the evolutionary sciences to study topics related to corporate governance and politics.
Erasmus Doctoral Programme in Business and Management
ERIM’s full-time doctoral programme – the Erasmus Doctoral Programme in Business and Management – is focused on developing and nurturing international academic talent. It enables promising students to develop into ‘thought leaders’ and become top researchers at the world’s best universities and business schools. Depending on the PhD project, generous funding can be generated for four or five years; further extensions are possible.
Facts and figures
- Erasmus University Rotterdam is ranked number 4 in Business Administration and number 8 in Management (ARWU 2019)
- ERIM currently supports a community of around 250 senior researchers and 160 doctoral students
- Five research programmes spanning all areas of management research: Business Processes, Logistics & Information Systems; Organisation; Marketing; Finance & Accounting; Strategy & Entrepreneurship
- Research Initiatives which focus on specific areas of research interest
- Access to EUR’s state-of-the-art behavioural lab, extensive range of databases and excellent computing facilities.
- Strong ERIM presence in top academic journals
- More than 200 international research seminars, workshops and conferences each year
In her dissertation ‘On Getting Along and Getting Ahead: How Personality Affects Social Network Dynamics’, Evgenia Dolgova studies how personality and interpersonal perceptions contribute to social network dynamics. It presents two studies that advance our understanding on how friendship unfolds within the organizations.