dr. D.K. (Dainis ) Zegners
Dainis Zegners is Assistant Professor at the Department of Technology and Operations Management at the Rotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus University.
Dainis’s research focuses on how firms manage information asymmetries on digital platforms and online marketplaces. He examines this question in the context of media markets such as the e-book market and online news using both economic modelling and empirical techniques such as machine learning and text mining.
Dainis holds a Ph.D. and in Management from LMU Munich and a Diploma (equivalent to M.Sc.) in Economics from the University of Bonn. Before joining the Rotterdam School of Management, he was Assistant Professor at the University of Cologne.
Work in Progress (5)
- D.K. Zegners, S. Künn & C. Seel (2020). Cognitive Performance in the Home Office - Evidence from Professional Chess. In IZA Discussion Paper No. 13491
- D.K. Zegners, U. Sunde & A. Strittmatter (2020). On the Causes and Consequences of Deviations from Rational Behavior. In Working Paper available at arXiv
- D.K. Zegners (2019). Building an Online Reputation with Free Content. In Working Paper available at SSRN
- D.K. Zegners, A. Steinmayr & R. Stracke (2019). Having the Lead vs. Lagging Behind: The Incentive Effect of Handicaps in Tournaments. In Working Paper available on SSRN
- D.K. Zegners (2016). Voluntary Disclosure of Product Information: The Case of E-book Samples. In Working Paper available on SSRN
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50
3062 PA Rotterdam
3000 DR Rotterdam