ERIM Seminar on Professionalism and Integrity
This seminar is aimed at ERIM members and PhD students that have not yet been able to attend a similar ERIM seminar earlier, and have not attended a programme-specific session on integrity and professionalism, or (in the case of senior PhD students) not attended the doctoral course on scientific integrity and professionalism (BERMSKL009).
The seminar is built around two key elements:
- Debating dilemmas: In an interactive setting, you will be discussing specific dilemmas with your peers, in order to develop, communicate and discuss arguments for dealing with integrity dilemmas.
- Providing information: What are the principles, values and rules such as they apply to the field of management research in general, and to our university and research institute in particular:
- “ERIM Values”; what attitudes and behaviors do we expect from ERIM members,
- Codes of Conduct, such as the code of the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU)
- Practical issues, e.g. how to deal with suspected misconduct.
The seminar will be concluded with participants signing a declaration (“integriteitsverklaring”).
The seminar is hosted by Patrick Groenen and Finn Wynstra. Besides their (former) ERIM responsibilities, Patrick currently acts as scientific research confidential advisor for the Woudestein campus, and Finn is chair of the EUR Taskforce Scientific Integrity.
ERIM expects all of its members to have attended one of the afore mentioned seminars, and to have signed the integrity declaration by 1 December.
To register for the seminar on 4 or 20 November, please do the following by two weeks prior to the seminar:
- Go to http://rsm.sin-online.nl/channel/reserveringen.html?chid=22846 and log in with your ERNA credentials if required.
- Click in one of the checkbox under “Reg” and click Save Changes.
- Your registration is complete. You will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail.
- If you have problems with the registration, please contact Miho Iizuka (email@example.com).
- Lunch is included; participation is free of charge.